Wednesday 18 November 2015

Athletics

Guess What? On Friday the 13th of November 2015 at Pt England School we had an Athletics day. We had to bring clothes from home that represent our House Colours. I got up out of bed and realised that it was going to be an amazing day. Because today we had our annual school athletics. There was 4 different house teams. Hikianalia is Yellow, Te Aurere is Red, Hine Moana is Blue and Hokule'a is Green.

Athletics is the sport of competing in track and field events, including running races and various competitions in jumping and throwing. The activities that everyone had to participate in were, High Jump, Discus, Shot put, Relays, Javelin, Obstacle Course, Sack Race, Tug of War, Softball Throw, 50, 75 and 100m races. There were a lot of activities to keep us busy throughout the whole day.

First of all, once the 8:30 bell rang the whole school started to get change and get ready for a brilliant day of sports. I got changed into my Green T-Shirt and black shorts. After that I put some green tape on my cheeks and wrist. I then put black and red tape on my ankles. The green tape represented the best house colour of all, GREEN/HOKULEA. Furthermore, the black and red tape represented our Pt England School Uniform.

Until next time, I will tell you more. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment