Tuesday 10 June 2014

What is ju-jitsu?

Not Just Kicking and Punching


1. Read the story “Not Just Kicking and Punching” on page 25.

2. Discuss with your group any words that you didn’t understand or found tricky.
Write the word, its definition, and use it in a sentence in the chart below.


Word
Definition
Sentence
Ju-jitsu
Traditional martial from Japan
I have a Ju-jitsu class at my school
Sensei
A karate leader
Sensei can I go for a drink of water?
Badges
Kind of like stickers but more special
I have a really big amount of badges.
Demonstration
It is like an example of what to do.
I am going to demonstrate a high kick.


3. Look for any words that you can’t spell and write them in the chart below. Use the word in a sentence.


Word
Sentence
Sensei
Sensei told me to bow down to my opponent.
Onegaishimasu
“ Onegaishimasu “ The rest of the class calls
Sensei ni rei
Sensei ni rei calls Corey the little boy



4. Read the following articles:


5. Where does Ju-Jitsu come from? Where does Ju-jitsu come from?.png












6. Have a go at some origami!




7. Listen to the recording by clicking on the link below. Write down every word you hear in the box! (I’ve started it for you!)




The Big Black Whale. By James K. Baxter.

I wish I were a big black whale out in the deep green sea. He blows like a hose through the top of his nose, as happy as a whale can be and the sailors are pale when they hear his tail go Smack,Smack,Smack on a big waves dark out in the deep green sea.  







No comments:

Post a Comment