Tuesday 3 June 2014

Not just kicking andf punching

Not Just Kicking and Punching

1. Read the story “Not Just Kicking and Punching” on page 25.


2. Discuss with your group any words that you didn’t understand or found tricky.
Write the word, its definition, and use it in a sentence in the chart below.

Word
Definition
Sentence
Ju-Jitsu
Traditional martial of Japan
I don’t know what Ju-jitsu actually means.
Sensei
A karate leader
Sensei can I go for a drink of water?
badges
Kind of like stickers but more special
I have a really big amount of badges.
Demonstration
It is like an example of what to do.
I am going to demonstrate a high kick.

3. Look for any words that you can’t spell and write them in the chart below. Use the word in a sentence.

Word
Sentence
Sensei
I got told by the Sensei to bow down to my opponent.
Sensei ni rei
Corey bows to his teacher and calls Sensei ni rei.
Onegaishimasu
Then the rest of the class calls Onegaishimasu.




3. Read the following articles:


5. Have a go at some origami!








No comments:

Post a Comment